General booking conditions
When you book the holiday home, you agree to the following terms and conditions. Please therefore reed them carefully when you want to book.
These general terms and conditions apply for the home that is located in B-8900 Ieper, D’Hondtstraat 71 and there can only be deviated if the owner of these conditions agree by prior writing. This written agreement is then shown on the booking confirmation. The tenant can therefore in no way be claimed on the application of his own general terms and conditions.
1. You can only book over the internet. This way of booking is binding. With capturing a booking confirmation, the General conditions apply. The originator of this booking is severally liable for fulfilling the booking steps and the rental conditions.
2. There is no booking fee attached to a booking as one acts directly with the owner.
3. Booking and payments:
a. Each booking is confirmed by the owner through a booking confirmation by email.
b. Within 10 days after receipt of this booking confirmation, the full amount of the rent must be paid.
c. For late payment, the owner is entitled to cancel the booking.
1. Time to consider
a. Each booking can be cancelled free of charge up to 30 days before arrival, counted from the date of booking. You can do this by writing or by email.
b. If you cancel after these 30 days, the cancellation policy is effective.
2. Cancellation by the tenant
a. Cancellations must be made by letter or by e-mail to the owner. Immediately after receipt of the cancellation, the owner shall send a cancellation-confirmation by email.
b. There are no fees for cancellation up to 30 days before arrival. The rental fee is fully refundable.
c. When there’s no payment within 10 days, the reservation won’t be longer valid, and it will be automatically cancelled.
d. If cancelled within 30 days prior to arrival the full rental fee will be charged. You can opt to choose a new booking date or to recover the rent in the form of a voucher.
Please note: If cancelled 3 calendar days before arrival, this is not valid and the rental sum can no longer be recovered.
You can move a booking date for a maximum of one year after the original date. If corona measures apply or if you can present a doctor’s certificate, the stay can always be moved to a later date.
e. Covid-19: If Corona measures apply, you can always change the booking date.
3. Cancellation insurance
a. Cancellations which apply for the cancellation insurance, shall be treated in accordance with the insurance conditions of your insurance company.
b. The tenant is allowed to seal a cancellation insurance from an insurance company of choice. The costs shall be borne by the tenant.
4. Cancellation by the owner
a. If circumstances force the owner to cancel the already rented holiday home, this will be notified directly to the tenant and the owner will immediately refund the amount already paid. For the extra costs (transport and other costs) of the lessee the owner will refund the amount paid plus 20%. The tenant has no more or other right than the recovery of the paid amount plus this 20%. In case of force majeure: fire, flood, vandalism … the owner is not obliged to pay this 20% if the tenant at the latest 7 days before the beginning of the rental period can be advised.
1. Personal Liability
a. The rented holiday home has to be inhabited by the tenant, his fellow tenants or its visitors with the required care, in compliance with the rest for the environment.
b. The main tenant is liable for damage caused by him/her, by fellow tenants, and by any visitors, even when those are noticed after his/her departure. When damage after departure of the main tenant is found, the tenant will have to accept the verdict of the owner.
c. In the Holiday home, all house rules are an integral part of the rental agreement and must therefore be strictly met.
d. The tenant shall ensure that there is not any noise nuisance to the local residents. In the event of infringement, all persons, without prior notice -without refund of rents- will be removed from the holiday home.
e. None of the furniture may be moved or removed.
f. It is forbidden to use the house for parties and/or drinks parties. In the event of infringement, the rental period can be broken by the tenant without any right towards the renter of repayment of the remaining rent.
g. Smoking: it is totally forbidden to smoke in the house. Smoke detectors are installed. There is a fire extinguisher provided in the entrance hall.
h. Pets are not admitted to the residence.
i. Sauna: It is strictly mandatory to use the instructions for use. These instructions are located in the vacation rental. On failure of these installations that are not due to a bad or incorrect use of the unit, the landlord will try to resolve this problem as soon as possible. If this recovery time will be longer than 1 day, the landlord will pay to the lessee a fee equal to the number of days that the device is out of use, multiplied by € 10 with a maximum of € 100.
j. Ipad: The Ipad remains inside the house and may not be taken outside. In case of theft or damage, costs will be payed by the guest.
k. Holiday Home Relax cannot be held responsible for accidents, physical or material damage, loss of goods or incorrect use of wellness facilities. And can therefore never be declared in default. The operators will also not be obliged to pay compensation.
10. Liability insurance
a. The tenant is requested to be insured for damage to third parties such as a liability insurance (family insurance).
b. The tenant is pointed out to assure his/her civil liability, in the case of fire caused by him of the holiday home. Please check this with your insurance agent.
11. Liability of owner
a. The owner cannot accept any liability for loss, theft, damage or injury of any kind caused to tenants of the holiday home.
b. The prices and costs stated on the booking confirmation are applicable.
c. The owner cannot be responsible for any harm resulting from natural disasters, nuclear disasters, attacks, strikes, acts of violence and to come into contact with an aircraft or parts thereof.
d. It can happen that there are construction or road works near your holiday home. We cannot be put responsible for any noise caused by this.
e. The owner is not always on site. In the confirmation email of your booking you will receive the phone number of the owner or any caretaker. If necessary, one can always contact one of these numbers.
f. All agreements are governed by Belgian law. All disputes relating to this agreement, shall be settled by the competent court in Ghent.
Maximum number of persons
1. In the house description the owner mentions the maximum number of persons that is allowed to stay in the house. This number, in this case 2, can under no circumstances be exceeded. If exceeded, the lease shall be automatically considered as dissolved and access to the house refused without claim to a refund of the rent.
2. A child under 1 year (12 months) is not counted as a full person but should be specified in advance.
3. In the case of exceeding the maximum number of persons, there is an infringement with the rules of procedure by the Flemish region related to fire safety and the fire insurance.
4. Where unbeknownst to the owner, however, additional persons (> 2) come and stay in the house, a claim of 25% of the hire cost per additional person, which will be charged from the holiday rent.
The end of the stay-cleaning
1. End of Stay
a. The rented holiday home should always be left tidy at the end of your stay. This means: the house cleaned up: to put everything back in place, emptying trash cans, the sink to be cleaned up and put clean dishes in the cupboard and the accommodations left neat (broom clean).
b. If the accommodation and/or grounds are in such a state that one does not comes around with the preconceived cleaning hours, then the owner shall be entitled to charge extra cleaning hours and this of 25 euro/hour.
2. Leaving home
a. Please close the windows and doors and turn down the heating. This is to prevent energy consumption. If this might not happen, then there may be a surcharge.
- You should sort the garbage. If this has not been done, is not taken away by the garbage collection service will not take away the garbage and a penalty can follow. This penalty is increased by 50% and will be recovered from the tenant since the owner must take extra time by separate the garbage.
- The glass and pottery have to be brought to the glass container or container park by the tenant.
- Beds are always made up and ready for use. At the end of rent you may lay the beds open and leave the sheets. Bedspreads may remain. We ask not to wash the sheets yourselves. They always are taken to the laundry to put them in a pristine condition back to use.
- You can leave the bath linen and bathrobes in the laundry basket, in the laundry room.
Arrival and departure
- Please strictly respect the arrival and departure times, otherwise a supplement may be charged. We, like you, might like to arrive and stay in a neat holiday home. Therefore, there must be enough time for a good cleaning between the departure of previous guests and the arrival of the new guests.
- If your arrival time is different from 4 pm we ask to inform us in advance by email.
- Arrival time: the holiday home is at your disposal from 4 pm, the day of arrival.
- Departure time: every day till 10 am.
- Departure and arrival hours are indicated on the booking confirmation.
- Complaints related to the inventory and existing damage are accepted up to 4 hours after your arrival. This needs to be reported to the owner or his representative on site (key keeper).
- The audit of the holiday home happens when cleaning. Only at that moment that damage, loss or breakage can be remarked. One can on request (in advance) receive a detail for the costs that will be charged in case of damage or loss of the inventory.
- One does well to spontaneously report accidents to the owner.
- A conflict on the possible damage is a conflict between the owner and the tenant. The owner decides on the guarantee.
- If something breaks, it is advisable to keep the broken pieces aside for the owner or the local responsible. This can determine on which broken piece it comes and prevents discussions and misunderstandings.
- We recommend that in the event of an accident or in the event of a dispute, to communicate with the person in charge on site and/or the owner. So things can be cleared up and one come to a solution agreeable fort both parties.